We are seeking individuals from all walks of life to bring their experience and skills to our Board of Trustees. As a Trustee, you will become an integral and valued member of the Charity and positively influence how effective the Charity is in the future by playing a critical role in the accountability and fulfilment of all its legal responsibilities.
Lifeworks Charity Ltd supports people with learning disabilities to have a great life. Our mission is to provide outstanding needs-led services to children, young people and adults with learning disabilities and their families so that they can and do develop the skills and confidence to reach their full potential and are well connected with their local communities always.
If you have a background in the following areas, we would love to hear from you:
- HR – with a background either as an HR specialist or employment lawyer, you will undertake a lead role for the Board of Trustees on all matters associated with the HR aspects of the organisation.
- Marketing – with experience in developing marketing strategies, you will help the charity further build its brand and profile through social media, digital marketing and website platforms.
- Fundraising – with well-established and diverse networks, you will help the charity to build key relationships to enhance our donor base from families and businesses and to develop a strategy for legacies.
- Communications – with expertise in digital communications and IT, you will help the charity build a digital strategy, the systems/platforms to support this and in exploring and developing future technology services.
- Governance – with experience of organisational governance, you will undertake a lead role on all matters associated with legal/financial compliance matters for the charity.
- Lived experience – we are seeking a parent/carer who can bring the experience of looking after and supporting a person with a learning disability through education/adult services. This is not a parent representative role and is to promote the best interests of all the people whom we support rather than the person’s own family member.
- It would also be advantageous if you have experience in either the third sector, health & social care, learning disabilities, education or working with children & young people.
We are seeking people from a wide range of backgrounds, who will bring a fresh perspective to the Board and having reviewed our existing Trustees, we are keen to achieve greater diversity and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Trustees are required to attend 5 meetings a year and should expect to spend a small amount of time in addition to this carrying out their duties. Trustees are also invited to become involved in projects and activities that would be of particular interest to them outside of this regular commitment; it's an important role, carrying legal and financial responsibilities which requires time and commitment.
We support our Trustees from the beginning with an induction and access to appropriate training.
Lifeworks is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and they expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post, pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought, and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to encouraging applications from applicants who declare they have a disability, provided they meet the minimum job criteria as specified in the person specification, by offering a guaranteed interview.