Independent Board Member
We are an education and training provider, meeting the needs of thousands of employers, adults and school leavers every year and contributing at the heart of our communities.
With an income of around £40m each year, the RNN Group includes three colleges of career-focused further and higher education, and five training organisations. We educate school leavers, undergraduates, employees and those re-joining the workforce. In total we employ or engage over 1,500 staff to educate and train over 14,000 people each year, including over 3,000 apprentices.
We work at the centre of our local communities, contributing to civic life and economic renewal. Through events, volunteering and charitable efforts, we reach out to individuals and groups.
From our heartlands in the Sheffield City Region and the East Midlands, we help companies succeed and individuals learn their way to career security, fulfilment and happiness.
We are the largest single provider of education to school leavers in an area bridging South Yorkshire and North Nottinghamshire. We deliver excellent technical training and apprenticeships for young people each year, propelling them forward to employment or undergraduate courses.
We also offer education and training, including professional education and apprenticeships, to adults seeking to gain qualifications and skills to find career fulfilment and prosperity. This also includes courses to help those entering the labour market with very low skill levels, language and confidence barriers or additional needs.
Please ensure your email includes all 3 documents necessary for your application to be
An up-to-date CV which includes:
Your full postal and email addresses and your telephone contact details.
- 2 referees (preferably your current employer or failing that, a previous employer) who can be approached during the selection process. Please include telephone numbers, full postal and email addresses of both referees. We will always contact you before taking up references.
- Please save this as a pdf document with your name i.e. Surname, Firstname – CV
A covering letter:
- This should explain your motivation for applying and respond to the role description.
- This should be a maximum of 2 sides of A4 and should not reiterate your CV.
- Please ensure your name is included at the top of this letter.
- Please save this with your name i.e. Surname, Firstname – Covering Letter rnngov.
The Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
This is a word format document with check boxes. Please click on each check box
that applies to you.
- Once you have fully completed the form, please save it with your name i.e. Surname,
- Firstname – E&D rnn-gov.
- NB: This form is located beneath the candidate pack on the FEA jobs page for this
- role and is accessible once you have entered your details in the registration form of
- the How to Apply section
To download the candidate pack and required forms, please click the links below.