Training Equipment Delivery Lead
Morson has an exciting contract opportunity for a Training Equipment Delivery Lead working for a Large Aerospace Company based in Yeovil in Somerset.
This position supports the Synthetic Learning & Support Services Delivery Manager through the management of the design, development and delivery of Training Equipment and Support Systems in order to assure the ultimate delivery of high quality products on time and to specification that meet or exceed LHD's customer's expectations.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide both Project and Technical management in accordance with the contract requirements and regulatory standards, interacting with the development team, the Suppliers, the Customers, Integrated Project Team (IPT) and the other company functions.
The key accountabilities associated with the Delivery Lead's role are that:
- You will lead the delivery of Training and Support Equipment products through the project lifecycle to achieve the required contract programme and technical milestones.
- You will coordinate with internal and external suppliers to achieve a synchronised development of the contracted training system that meets the system requirements and relevant regulatory criteria on time and within budget.
- You will lead the SL&SS contribution to programme and design reviews and coordinate any other LHD element's participation.
- You will ensure that data packs are delivered to training equipment suppliers in accordance with the project schedule.
- You will liaise closely with the project teams to ensure a mutual understanding of technical risks, issues and relevant mitigations.
- You will make recommendations for key milestone decisions based upon system maturity, ensuring wherever possible such recommendations are evidentially justified.
- You will develop project delivery schedules that synchronise with the IPT Programme Integrated Schedule.
- You will provide input as required to the change process, identifying project impact and required modifications to the delivery plan.
- You will coordinate with the SL&SS Test Team to ensure the conduct of testing to sufficient scope and depth to ensure that the System Requirements are demonstrably compliant and ensure that test evidence is suitably recorded.
- You will liaise as necessary with other LHD departments to ensure that SQEP are available to support development and testing.
- You will manage the development and delivery of CDRLs in accordance with the schedule;
- You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment;
- Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSP 1015 - Workers Responsibilities.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Educated as an aeronautical engineer to HNC level, served an Aeronautical Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent or Military Aviation experience to a similar level.
- Qualification and/or suitable level of Project Management experience, preferably in delivering complex Equipment and Software within the Aerospace industry.
- General knowledge of helicopter training and operations - both military and civil.
- An understanding of modern Training Equipment - flight training devices/systems
- Understanding of the principles underpinning the UK Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) Training Design process;
- Familiarity with the UK MOD's Acquisition System Guidance (ASG)
- Computer Literate - company standard software (NDA)
- Experience in operating within industry standard design practices and quality assurance processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and with the Customer and Supplier as required;
- Ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with key project stakeholders based upon trust to ensure that the Projects objectives are met;
- Ability to brief confidently and with clarity to senior management
- Ability to work unsupervised with initiative and integrity;
- Fluent in the English Language